Thursday, April 1

April 1, 2004

The first of April has a few connotations to me.

First and of course, it’s April Fools Day. The one and only time I got fooled on this occasion was two years ago by Christian and da group. It’s a very dumb but funny joke and I knew what was going on right away. How could Kelvin possibly kill anyone yeah??!!

Second, it’s Norman’s birthday. But for sure he’s no fool.

Lastly, from this year onwards, April Fools Day is also the memorial anniversary of Leslie Cheung’s death.

Last year today, while the city was overshadowed by the outbreak of SARS, the superstar added much agony to the scene with him jumping off from Mandarin Hotel and ending the scourge in life. I was quite shocked and disappointed that such tough-as-Kevlar legendary figure ended his life that way. I usually despise suicidal behaviors, but as one does not speak devil of the dead, so I’m indifferent. Nevertheless, Leslie Cheung did have his last contribution to the society in the sense that his death raised the awareness on the illness of depression.

“Time flies” is my most said phrase. And sure it does. One year has passed like a snap, last year this time, everything was so different.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home