Thursday, June 23

I'm in pain today

Helen once said to me, "Hang on there Clare, one thing that keeps us together is your passion to politics, or you'll be no different from other people." At that moment, my rebellious mind talked back, "I don't live upon other's expectation but my own!" (Sorry Helen, but you know I love you.)

However I know what Helen means. We are both idealists of some sort. I, also, subconsciously have expectations on my friends, and for that reason I was often let down.

Sometimes I think I treat my friends as strictly as my boyfriends. I love my friends (only those real ones of course) because they have certain qualities I admire, but if one day they lost them, do i still love them? In many of my cases, the friendships did fade away.

I'm a bad friend. I know. But I also know each time I was being let down, my heart pained.

Friends ain't for real if their souls can't intercourse.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clare:

I will always love you for the very reason that you have once been who I loved.

You can choose to stay in politics, or not, I understand the issues and dilemma that you have, and I do want you to have a great life that you enjoy.

Just don't lose sight of the fact that we live in a world full of injustice, and that if we stop caring, we also lose part of what makes us human.

H.

June 25, 2005 7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home