Friday, November 24

What did I do in Hanoi? I ate.

After the first day of APEC conference, things became quite enjoyable. I finally had a glimpse of a correspondent's life, which I've longed to have, to walk around town, talk with people, and spot my own news story. I would say my reward in this trip is seeing Hu, Bush, Abe, Roh Moo-hyun and some other high ranking officials, and last but not the least, food, of course.

Below is a "showcase" of my gourmet trip.



I had my first dinner at the highly acclaimed Bobby Chinn, and I returned for my last lunch with other reporter friends.


Eating with an empty chair, but Dan Dan's sms has brightened my solitary moment.


One of the signature dishes, blackened barramundi on braised banana blossoms, but to be honest, the ambience is far better than the food.


Lunch at Brother's Cafe. Vietnamese lunch Buffet.


Korean dinner at Daewoo Hotel.


Lunch at a small Korean restaurant across the street from my hotel, and I think its food tasted better than Daewoo's, and cheaper.


I finally had companions!! The political reporters arrived and we had our first dinner at the cozy Vietnamese restaurant Indochine. Food was great. Waiter who served us was halirious.


I love their open kitchen.


THE MEMORY of the trip: the tasting menu at Le Beaulieu in the Sofitel Metropole Hotel. A LOT OF COURSES for only USD78.



started with a complimentary starter, still not sure what it was after tasting, should be pumpkin soup with fried eggplant, it's good anyways.

ok even blogger got jealous and prohibited me from more picture postings, so let me start a new entry...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home