Saturday, April 29

Heaven

Philipina, Gwelio, Ladymen, Hookers...Low Taste and Dodginess.

Those are my perceptions to Wanchai, it's definitely not my type of place, and I have prejudice towards my friends who go there. So ghetto, if i may.

Tonight my old friend F brought me to this club in Wanchai called Fenwick, where I would never have thought of going on my own, to "check out" the hookers.

The cover charge was 80 dollars with a drink, reasonably cheap compared to LKF where one often has to pay 200 and get nothing. It was quite an eye-opener, I've never imagined there's a place like this in Hong Kong. The whole room was packed with gwelios and Philipina and Thai girls. I felt like being in Bangkok. And as expected, 40 percent of the room were making out. Fat, skinny, ugle, pretty, short, tall, all kinds of people, no one's deprived of the fun.

I got myself a vodka cranberry and a seat. Observing people in a club is one of my hobbies, to laugh at people doing insane stuffs while I'm the one sober.

But tonight I did not laugh. I finally understood why people prefer the unthinkable Wanchai to high end Central. In this room filled with cheesy pop songs, you could tell everybody was happy and real. The Thai and Philippina girls were not necessarily looking for business, some of them were just dancing and having fun among themselves.

Girls did not need to wear a Dior or LV bag here, they could show their less than fit arms and legs all they want. Everyone were just being themselves, no need to be pretensious, as in Central.

The gwelio standing in front of me was bald and short, yet he managed to get his arms around a tall and decent looking Thai girl. This place could be a heaven to him.

Everyone needs a heaven. Everyone needs a haven.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone needs a heaven. Everyone needs a haven.

(睇到妳o既英文,我真係有d自卑)

April 29, 2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Clare said...

Don't be silly, my English's really bad...

April 29, 2006 8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

妳咁講,我更自卑

April 30, 2006 1:21 AM  
Blogger Clare said...

it's called the FKK nudist beach!! haha, how can i forget that horrific sight?!

May 01, 2006 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home