Tuesday, January 31

Fighting!

The news tonight said, by the end of this century, the winter in Hong Kong would not go lower than 10c. As much as I love tropical climate, I wouldn't mind actually, given if I was still alive in this world.

So I quite enjoyed the Chinese new year this year. It's so warm that I only needed to wear short-sleeves and a skirt.

Today I finally finished cleaning up my room! Yeah~ For those dear friends who have come visit before, they'd know what an horrific sight that was, but now, the desk and the piano and the floor is all revealig again!

I also cleaned the floor today, and that made me happy. (Even though I don't do it often, I have an obsession with floor cleaning, I think it's from the story of Cinderella.)

Unlike many people I know, I like going bai nin during cny. Besides getting red pockets, I enjoy gossiping with cousins and updating the "adults" about my life. Yes I know I'm some kind of a narcissist.

My holiday mood is finally coming to a halt and I'm so ready to go back to the battlefield tomorrow. During the past four months I've been trying out so many different tasks that though it's fun, it's hard to get focused and dig into one area and be really good at it. I missed the days when I called up interviewees and they already knew me by name. Starting from tomorrow, I shall have my butt down at banking and make some news that people care.

Right now I'm letting the dye to do its trick to my hair, my top layer of hair will be black again in a second. New look again tomorrow. =)

Eve called yesterday and wished me finding a rich man so that I could do something I like and (I think what she meant was "even though") it's low-paid, and I was like, huh, I'm already in a job I desire and it's certainly low-paid, but yeah, thanks, I'd love to find a rich man too.

I was reminded of a story and it somewhat goes like this.

A retired business man was in a village for vacation. One afternoon he went strolling down the seashore, and saw a young man who just lied there and did nothing and looked lazy. So he said to the young man, young man, you should work hard while you're still young, so that when you retired, you would have enough money to live a good life like me. Then the young man asked, wow, what kind of a good life you're living now? The retired business man proudly answered, I now could spend as much time by the sea and rest and admire the beauty of natue as I desire! The young man laughed and went back to sleep, I'm already doing that now, why do i need to wait till I retire?

If the same logic applies, is it true that I don't actually need a rich man anymore?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home