Thursday, October 27

my first huge mistake in reporting life

It's 4 in the morning but I decided my strange week worth an entry.

Today is only Wednesday (or Thursday morning), I wonder what else could happen in the remaining days.

Monday.

My former b*** called. (trying not to disclose too much, have learned too much) The one I didn't really click with. She called at the moment I was passing by Delifrance in PP, where we had our interview for the job. What an coincidence I thought. She asked how I was doing with my new job, and I said it's going well and I was learning a lot. Then she told me she had a *great* job to offer and I wonder what it was. Marie Claire she said, feature writer. I was like, dude, do you think I look like I wanna work for a fashion magazine? I really didn't know what to make out of it, I know she's just trying to be nice and helpful, but after all the career plan we talked about, did she really think I'd wanna work for a fashion magazine? I know I look nicer and dress nicer than the average reporters, but DOES THAT MEAN AFTER ALL, I'M ONLY GOOD FOR FASHION MAGAZINES???

Yesterday was supposed to be good, but we could pass that since what happened today could wiped out whatever nice happened yesterday.

ONE TERRIBLE DAY.

I got my source in trouble. That's all I can say, because I promised my source not to tell anyone else.

The thing is, I thought I wrote a good story, all my bosses liked it, but it got my source in trouble. A huge lesson learned. Gotton too used to politicians and government officials, they knew too well what I would do with their words. In most cases, that was, I picked on the brainless things they said and made a mockery for it. I guess that's part of a reporter's job, to show men what kind of people they have elected and are counting on.

But it's a different story with "common people". You go lenient on them, you don't make a story out of the stupid stuffs they said (though I still have that tendency with CEOs), because they are part of a society's voice. They don't know how to play tactics with the media, and most importantly, many of them don't even know what media is about!

So that's how I got screwed up.

I just hope everything will go well with my source. The answer shall be found tomorrow.

Besides this unfortunate incident, what else attribute to my very bad day were:
1. my 116 went further down by 7% today to below $3. I bought it at the price of $5.22.
2. when I went into the pantry for cocoa in hope to relieve from mental stress, I only found that the whole can of cocoa's gone.
3. I lost the flower on one of my favourite sandals tonight at hei hei. But I wasn't particularly sad about it cuz now that one sandal likes like that the Prada I missed in Florence.

"Last and the least", one thing that could cheer me up a bit was that one of my colleagues disclosed the nick name I gained in office to me: 鍾楚紅. I don't think I look like her, but I don't mind having her kind of life.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello!
i am busy on my work too.
bless you..my beautiful netfriend~

October 27, 2005 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose the idea of "working at Marie Claire" is impressive enought that your former b*** thought she is being nice to offer you the job. I know my fds would be impressed if I told them "hey you know, my sis works at Marie Claire"...so no need to feel offended just because ppl think you have fashion sense~~
And about your source, hope everthing turns out fine at the end...

October 29, 2005 8:19 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

thank you sis, that's very sweet.

October 30, 2005 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home