Wednesday, June 14

the game is OVER

This is how the story goes.

The first time I read his blog, it was a story written on the night of his betrayal. He was betrayed by his fling to be exact. It was a sentimental piece by a charming who seemed to have it all young man. I was surprised.

For people who know me, they know I can fall in love with words. And this guy is certainly capable of spelling out his mind eloquantly. It was when I started to follow his blog everyday.

He does have it all. Career, look, money, women. Not only his lifestyle is close to mine, it's the way he's willing to explore life that turns me on.

He took on the WTO riot and was attacked by pepper spray; he went on a vacation alone and mingled with the locals; he went for a bungee jump though didn't work out in the end due to bad weather....the list goes on.

Things I have actually done myself, and things I have longed to try.

In one piece he talked about his disapproval towards girls who cheat.

In one piece he talked about his family value. I was impressed.

And in one piece he wrote about getting over a hundred stuffed animals for a orphanage, this was when I screamed to myself, this is my MAN, I have to get him.

In that instance, I fell in love, with an imaginary man, because I thought I have never found a man so right. And I know I'm too old to let a potential slip away, again.

So I took the move.

I was aware with the fact that he's so perfect because it's all only in my mind. But for those who know me, they know I wouldn't care. And I'm not scared of disappointment, because I'm too used to it.

I was this close to meeting him in person.

Then on the same night one of our mutual friends referred him as an "international playboy", he treated his blog with the story of another betrayal. It was a slap on my face.

It's not the fact that he has so many flings that hits me, it's about WHY I HAVE TO FALL IN LOVE WITH A WOMANIZER EVERYTIME?!

Men talking about stability, it's only bullshit.

Looking back, nine out of ten guys I dated or was in love with were one of this kind. In the past I was too confident and young and was not afraid. Now I am still confident, but I'm too old for this game. I learned that if I know ahead it's wrong, there's always the option of "opting out". I don't have to force myself to finish with whatever I'm doing to achieve the "goal".

Relationships are not about challenges, or succeding.

In the face of realizing this, I'm very sad/mad/disapointed. Not because I cannot get something I wanted so bad, but because something I wanted so bad never existed.

I realized I cannot blame others for my broken relationships. The problem is in me. After having tried so hard and looked so long, I still and only fell in love with the wrong guy.

4 Comments:

Blogger nbse said...

sometimes, our preoccupation with the perfect is what makes the world the way it is. learn to love the imperfect. it's more fun than it looks.

June 14, 2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger Clare said...

thanks kel =). i need tolearn from you. ;P

Actually I'm not even looking for a perfect one, but just a right one for me...still it's too hard.

June 14, 2006 4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

哈,我英文差,選擇用中文.
你選擇的人,條件太好了,好得他可以放肆玩弄.人就是這樣的,有條件,就會任意利用.
我相信緣份的,你的那個「他」,未必是你心目中的人,不過,就是不知何解,那個與你心目中相差十萬八千里的「他」出現後,就會弄得你神魂癲倒.
收拾心情,為你的Mr. Right作好準備.

June 15, 2006 12:57 AM  
Blogger Clare said...

多謝你chacha,是你首次留言給我呢!

其實是我沒寫清楚,他沒有玩弄人,被背叛的仍是他,而且又是被一個未搞清楚關係的女孩。只是我覺得這種事一而再地地發生在他身上,顯示他沒有像他說般成熟,他就像我認識的許多男該般,太容易與女人搞上關係,因為他身邊有太多機會了。

我不想再要這種男人。

June 15, 2006 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home