Sunday, July 30

opia

This week I got a pay rise that's so pathetic that it's not even enough to cover my dinner bill at Opia tonight. Thanks to J's genuine recommendation, I've finally tried Opia tonight, both the decor and the food were awesome. (except the second last course which was a snapper and a duck meat, since we're sharing so we got to try both. The snapper was over-cooked and tasteless despite it's accompanied by a tasty sauce. E told the waiter bluntly that the fish was just so-so, and the waiter responded politely that he'd pass the comment to the chef so that kind of make up for our disappointment) The manager/waiters took turn to greet us and told us what's on the plate in details when each dish was served, considering few restaurants take this hassle nowadays I give its service an A+ too! =)

After the 6-course meal E and I lingered over the bar couch for two more hours, so all and all it's good money spent in exchange for such a lovely night.

Being a food lover, I always wanted to add a food review column here to exchange dining experience with other foodies. But food review is no fun if people can't see the actual food itself, however I wouldn't want to embarrassed myself by taking out a camera in a restaurant, so I guess the column will ever remain non-existent.

Side note. Before dinner I've taken a miniature class (I realized I haven't taken a class of any sort for a very long long time), I'll post up some pics of the miniatures once they're done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home